Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Program (BBSYDP)
YOUTH WOMEN EMPOWERMENT THROUGH SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Youth development is a process that prepares a young person to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood and achieve his or her full potential.
Youth development is promoted through activities and experiences that help youth develop social, ethical, emotional, physical, & cognitive competencies. At present ERADA has implemented a youth skill development program awarded by Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Program (BBSYDP) funded by Govt: of Sindh since November, 2014.
The Program is designed to address the poverty and unemployment of youth by imparting them skilled trainings in the employable trades; viewing the dire need of society to develop quality human resource through a strategic and focused program to raise the economy of province in specific and country in general leading to a prosperous Pakistan.
Moreover, it would improve the socio-economic conditions of masses and generate employment opportunities. This program will also increase the public and private sectors efficiency via well placed trained and skilled work force. Admitting the fact, the Human Resource Development (HRD) is a long term, slow & gradual process, Government of Sindh intends to re-structure this program on permanent basis by Act of Assembly.
A number of around 200 hundred females have been trained in different skills such as Stitching, Tailoring and Beautician. ERADA also provides the employment opportunities for the youth who availed the training in the multiple skill development porgramme. So far a handsome number of graduates have been inducted in different business units and organizations as well.
ERADA refers to intentional efforts of other youth, adults, communities, government agencies and schools to provide opportunities for youth to enhance their interests, skills, and abilities. ERADA differs from other approaches to youth in that it rejects an emphasis on trying to correct what is “wrong” with children’s behavior or development. The organization seeks to empathize with, educate, and engage children in productive activities. Youth and adults will benefit from experiences providing some or all of these elements:
- Youth Feel Physically and Emotionally Safe
- Youth Experience Belonging and Ownership
- Youth Develop Self-Worth
- Youth Discover Self
- Youth Develop Quality Relationships with Peers and Adults
- Youth Discuss Conflicting Values and Form Their Own
- Youth Feel the Pride and Accountability that Comes with Mastery
- Youth Expand Their Capacity to Enjoy Life and Know that Success Is Possible
Skilled and Constructive youth, shaping a peaceful, prosperous and strong Pakistan.
- Semi-literate and educated youth provided employable skills and certification to meet the demand of local and international market,
- Maximum available training institutes of Sindh Government activated and equipped to provide required training (where dormant, reactivated in stages),
- Private and public sector coordination procedures and channels established,
- Public awareness at grass root level of BBSYDP.
- Quality of Human resource improved (skilled and disciplined),
- Trained manpower export to international markets,
- Earning capacity of semi-literate and educated youth enhanced,
- Reward of education recognized by a majority of urban and rural population,
- Public & Private Sector Centre of excellence for vocational training formed in Sindh,
- Foreign donors attracted to the program.
Addressing twin issues of un-employment and poverty through skill development by imparting trainings in employable skills and by enabling them to get decent employment.
- To train and enhance Sindh-wide youth employable skills through public and private sector training wings,
- To address poverty in rural and urban areas with special emphasis on gender equality,
- To conduct periodic survey of the Program to check if it meets the national, international job market and certification requirements.
- To train human resources in Sindh to cater to the needs of public and private sector in local and international markets.
- To provide stipend to various categories of unemployed youth, with a view to provide them some income.
- To provide quality trainings and certification to unemployed, youth through technical and professional institutes and “On-Job training” by the public and private sector to increase their employability.
- To provide linkage to the trained manpower to the local and international job market and explore self-employment opportunities and facilities.
ERADA VOCATIONAL CENTER
ERADA Vocational center have been established throughout the BBSYD Program. This center is providing free training to Orphans & Poor Girls in different skill i.e. Drafting, Cutting, Sewing, Knitting, Hand & Machine Embroidery and local skills are also being imparted in center.
- Focus on poor and orphan girls
- Training emphasis on income generating activities
A number of around 200 hundred females have been trained in different skills such as Stitching and Tailoring.